Situated in the S.E. corner of the parish, and near the south boundary of same. It is bounded on the N. by Shanvallyhugh and Fauleens; E. by Derrintaggart and Cahergal; S. by Drumbrastle West and Aghadoey Glebe and W. by Carrowkeel. It lies about 1 ½ miles north west of Newport. The property of Sir Richard O’Donnell. It contains 136a 0r. 13p., made up of 117 acres cultivated, seven uncultivated, 3 bog , 7 wood , and 2a. 0r. 1p. water. It is let at will at the yearly rent of 20s per acre. Co. Cess 3s 2d. per acre yearly, for each of 22 ½ acres. Soil light mountain , producing potatoes, corn and flax . There is a well here called St. Dominic’s Well.
inch Ordnance survey map.
survey map. | O'Donavan's Ordnance Survey letters. | Tithes
Applotment (1835). | Sale in Encumbered
Estates Court (1852). | Griffith's Valuation
(1857). | Comparison of Tithes and Griffiths.|
Summary Censuses of 1841 - 1891. | 1901
Census. | 1911 Census. | Baptism
registers | Birth registrations. | Marriage
Registrations | Valuation Office Entries | Gravestone
Inscriptions. | Photographs of houses (occupied
and unoccupied in the townland). | Old
photographs of previous occupants. | Interviews
with present occupants. | Family trees.
| Some references to Kiltarnet
| Landholders in 2003