trees for the townland.
- NEW Innovative Genealogy Software! : Get the Free Ancestry Family Tree
Ancestry Family Tree does what NO OTHER genealogy tool can do: it combines
the best family tree software with the power of the Internet.
- Add whole "branches" to your family tree at once, not just
one name at a time
- Organize all your information in one convenient gathering place. Never
need to copy data from a web site into your software program again!
- Attach important files, documents, even photos to your tree
- Share your tree via the Internet and even collaborate online
Plus, using the software is very easy. Just enter names in the space provided
and watch the powerful search engine return the results you want.
Ancestry.com Subscribers : Download Now and Enjoy!
Non-Subscribers: Download Now, explore the possibilities and, if you like,
upgrade later to allow increased functionality.
- Download a Celtic Font for your PC Courtesy of irishnation.com
- Free Genealogy Software Downloads from FamilySearch, a LDS web site.
- Arbor Vita Arbor Vita is a freeware that lets you display your genealogy
tree on the web by generating HTML pages.
- Get1901DataV3b : Researchers using the Person Search or Advanced Person
Search on the England and Wales 1901 Census website may find the application
Get1901DataV3b useful. This allows the results of multiple searches to
be collected together stored, displayed, sorted and grouped into families.
- Bygones Bygones is a freeware software program designed primarily to
keep genealogical research notes on a laptop computer. However, it also
has databases that genealogists without laptops may find useful. It is
available for Windows 95+ and Macintosh computers.
- GeneWeb is a free genealogy software with a Web interface. It can be
used off-line or as a Web service. It uses very efficient techniques of
relationship and consanguinity computing. Available in English, French,
German, Dutch and Swedish.
- GedTree : Family Tree Website Generator Software.
- GEDClean16: a free program which automates the task of "cleaning"
the personal information about living individuals from a GEDCOM file containing
- Gedcom Viewer opens a Gedcom format file, exported from your Genealogy
program, and displays the full family tree - all on a single screen, even
for hundreds of people.
- GedHTree: a GEDCOM to HTML converter.
- Cumberland Family Software - Freeware
- Lifelinks (Free download for a limited time) : Lifelinks records medical
genealogical information of your ancestors and living relatives. It tracks
diseases in your family heritage, which is helpful for existing and future
generations of your family lines.
- Familia Version 1 Converts Family Tree Maker® Outline Descendant
Tree to web pages. Creates an index of family members with links to corresponding
pages. Builds a family photo album. Creates a list of individuals present
in a group picture. An arrow tool marks each person's location in the
picture. Generates a fully cross-linked web site, with a customizable
first page, index of names, global list of pictures, individual lists
of pictures, picture pages and family tree pages.
- GedView A Windows program to navigate through GEDCOM files
- GedReporter : A tool for generating reports and web sites from genealogy
databases. A scripting language similar to Visual Basic allows for complete
- KStableau : You can use KStableau.exe to generate HTML files to display
a graphical family tree. Such a chart is a great way to visualise your
family tree. Make an ancestor or descendants chart for web publishing.
You can also use it to analyse kinship (inbreeding, pedigree loss, etc.).
- ParLoc Free UK Parish locator program
- Transcend (Transcription of Census Data) : Transcend is a tool for use
in census transcription projects for 19th century English and Welsh county
- GEDmark : When a GEDCOM file is processed through GEDmark, a source
is attached to every person in the GEDCOM file, indicating your author
information. You can enter as much information about yourself as you would
like. This way, no matter how many times the GEDCOM file is split, imported,
exported or submitted, your authorship of the research is protected.
- 1901 Census Extractor / GuessTimator v4.0.2. This is a windows based
program - it allows for an easier method of extracting data from the England
& Wales 1901 Census Web Site. It is a simple program to use, and has
an integrated Web Browser.
- Ged2Ped Utility Ged2Ped is a utility that creates ancestor overview
pedigree charts of someone in a GEDCOM file. It takes a GEDCOM file as
input, then outputs a text file containing a pedigree chart with one person
per line, and that person's birth and death year, and birth and death
- Ancestral Quest software: free demo version
- Download Legacy Family Tree 3.0 The entire program (not just a demo)
is now free as the company launches the new Deluxe Edition of Legacy
- Julian Calendar Deluxe Freeware Edition If you ever need to work with
Julian dates -- then this is the program to help you find Julian dates
as displayed on a regular Gregorian calendar.
- UncleGED : a GEDCOM Reader, a GEDCOM to HTML Converter, and a GEDCOM
- FamilyTree HouseThis site offers free family tree software and links
to key genealogy sites. The software is available on-line. You can build
your FamilyTree House in real time, no downloading is required.
Back to The Genealogy Searching Center
Back to Genealogy Free Stuff